Monday, April 5, 2010

From April 21 through May 21, I will be participating in Rotary International's Group Study Exchange Program in Gwangju, Korea. This program is an exciting chance for me to learn about the methods, scholarship and strategies of professional librarians in Korea, as well as to immerse myself in a different culture. I'll be traveling with a wonderful group of professionals, and I'm confident the five of us will come back with a deep appreciation and understanding of Korean culture, and it's influence on our Korean colleagues.
This blog will be a chance to share my experience in real time with my American colleagues, friends and family, as well as the Teens who I work with at the Elwood Public Library.
I'll likely be posting next from Korea, so long until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment